Expert Fiancee Visa Preparation Support

K-1 or Fiancee Visas

Brazilian K1 Visa preparation help

Brazilian K1 Visa Expert K-1 visa preparation support to help prepare your I-129F petition for your Brazilian Fiancee to USA. K-3 spouse visa I-130 and USCIS Green Card Adjustment of Status..

American Consulate in Rio de Janeiro
Av. Pres. Wilson, 147 – Centro
Rio de Janeiro – RJ – 20030-020

I help you to successfully apply for a Fiancee Visa

What is a Fiancee Visa

If your fiancé(e) is not a citizen of the United States and you plan to get married in the United States, then you must file a petition with INS on behalf of your fiancé(e). After the petition is approved, your fiancé(e) must obtain a visa issued at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad. The marriage must take place within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States. If the marriage does not take place within 90 days or your fiancé(e) marries someone other than you (the U.S. citizen filing INS Form I-129F - Petition for Alien Fiancé), your fiancé(e) will be required to leave the United States. Until the marriage takes place, your fiancé(e) is considered a nonimmigrant. A nonimmigrant is a foreign national seeking to temporarily enter the United States for a specific purpose. A fiancé(e) may not obtain an extension of the 90-day original nonimmigrant admission.

I129F Petition

The fiance(e) petition (Form I-129-F) and two G-325-A biographic information forms. You must fill out completely both the petition and biographic information forms. Your fiance(e) will be required to present the supporting financial documents at the time of his/her visa interview. 

We will also need all of the following documents: 

a photocopy of your U.S. passport identification page (plus a copy of your naturalization document if you are a naturalized citizen); 

photocopies of any death certificates of a previous spouse that you or your fiance(e) may have and photocopies of any divorce decrees terminating a previous marriage that you and your fiance(e) may have, with translations; 
two passport-size  photographs of both yourself and your fiance(e), attached to the bottom of the G-325 biographic forms; 

a photograph of the two of you together to prove you have met;

proof you have a genuine bone fide relatonship

INS will notify you and forward the petition to the embassy for your fiancé(e)’s country of residence. 
Notifying Your Fiance(e) : 

Upon receipt of the approved I-129F petition , the local American embassy will send a letter and information sheet to the Beneficiary outlining the steps to be taken to apply for an Alien Fiancé(e) visa, called a "K" visa.  The embassy will generate a computer name check.  The mandatory name check procedure takes several days.  After the name check clears, the embassy can schedule the applicant for an interview. 
Scheduling: Visa Interview and Medical Examinations 
Before the interview, the Beneficiary must complete a medical examination at an Embassy-approved medical facility.  Forms and information about this is included in the information packet. 

Spousal Marriage Visa

I help you to successfully apply for a Spousal Visa K-3 or CR-1, 

If your spouse is not a citizen of the United States and you plan to bring her to live in the United States, then you must file a petition with INS on behalf of your spouse. After the I-130 petition is approved, your spouse must obtain a visa issued at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad.  She can obtain either a K3 or CR-1 visa. 

The normal CR-1 visa process to petition using I-130 for an Alien relative, parent, sibling, spouse historyically has taken considerable time. So immigration offered a streamlined procedure that overlaps with the Fiancee Visa process, called the K-3 Visa

For a K-3 In practice, the US Citizen submits the standard petition for an Alien relative, Then waits for USCIS to acknowledge that a case has been opened for his spouse. Then he prepares and submits the identical documents he would for a Fiancee Visa, asking USCIS to  modify the petion for an Alien relative to that of a K3 spousal visa.

Recently however the delays to obtain a CR-1 visa have been reduced, and there is not a large gap between the times needed for a K-3 or CR-1. So either visa is almost equally available.

The time needed to obtain a Spousal visa is longer than that of a Fiancee Visa sometimes 3 to 12 months.  So whenever possible we recommend our clients plan to marry in the USA and use the faster Fiancee Visa process.

I help you to successfully apply for a Spousal Visa K-3 or CR-1, 

The visa application fee is $455 per person; there is no issuance fee. If the Beneficiary's interview is successful, the "K" visa will be issued on the afternoon of the day of the interview.  The "K" visa is valid for a single entry during a 6-month period. 

Interview at US Embassy or Consulate

It is totally indispensable to have the Citibank visa fee, a valid passport, two electronic filled out DS-156 and two photographs before arriving at the Consulate on the day of your interview otherwise you are going to be rescheduled for the next available day.

The Beneficiary must provide: 

American Consulate in Rio de Janeiro will not send K-1 applicants the Packet 3 or
Packet 4. Instead the consulate will contact the fiancee with an interview appointment
date, and ask the fiancee to collect and bring to the interview the following documents.

Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Form DS-230 Part-1, DS-156, DS-156K and DS- 157.

Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate & Termination of previous marriages


Deportation/Voluntary Removal papers/Asylum papers

Court and prison records

Medical exam


Evidence of Support

Evidence of relationship

Police certificate

In Brazil, police certificates are issued only for applicants over the age of 18 (eighteen). Each applicant, 18 years old or more should present two Police Certificates: one from the State police - “Secretaria de Segurança Pública” and another one from the Federal Police – “Polícia Federal”. Inst. Fiancé (e) 4  “SECRETARIA DE SEGURANÇA PÚBLICA” - It is required that the applicant obtain a certificate from the “Polícia Técnico Científica”, “Instituto de Identificação” from each state in Brazil where the applicant has resided for 6 (six) months or longer for the last 5 (five) years. If you have resided in more than one state in Brazil, during this period, you will need one for each state.  “POLÍCIA FEDERAL” – It is required that the applicant obtain a certificate from the Federal Police (“Polícia Federal”). This certificate is valid for all Brazilian territory. You should go to the “Departamento de Polícia Federal, Delopis – Delegacia de Ordem Social e Política” with our request and fill out their application for the certificate.

The total fee for a fiancé (e) visa is US$ 350.00, this payment must be done only in reais; no checks are accepted, payable at Citibank in advance. Each applicant must be prepared to pay this fee. This fee cannot be paid at the Consulate under any circumstances. Each dependent must pay the fee, regardless of age. There is no specific form for the fee. Just ask for the “American visa fee” at a Citibank agency.

[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]